Farm / Birch Creek Farms Ltd
Farm Type: Bison
My Grandfather bought the farm in 1958. we started off as a mixed farm. We had dairy, hogs and grain. in the early 70’s the dairy was sold and we concentrated on hogs, running a farrow to finish operation until 2013. Since then we have been custom feeding finishing hogs as well as expanding the bison herd. Bison in 1997 and it has been growing since. Last year we built a commercial kitchen and a small storefront to sell bison meat rather than selling live animals.
We hope to educate the consumers on the connection between the land and the food in the grocery stores, and put a face to the source of the food, as well the the life cycle of bison, what they eat, what their characters are.
Visit to this farm are by appointment only. Please use booking tool to choose your time slot.
- We will drive through the field where the bison are staying.
- You will be able to see the store front and processing area.
- We will have small activity books for younger children.
- We will have a taste testing station at the store front.
- You will have an opportunity to purchase Bison meat from our store front.
Tours start at the following times, please see booking tool below to book your time. Each tour will last approximately 45 minutes.
- 8:00 am
- 9:30 am
- 11:00 am
- 12:30 pm
- 2:00 pm
Lunch; will be served all day
Regular, Cheese and Bacon burgers will be available as follows:
Adult meal: Burger, Salad (Caesar or Potato) and Water, $10
Kids meal: Burger, Salad (Caesar or Potato) and Water, $7