Farm / Chicks N Chaps (Experience Alberta)
- Tour the Bar OA Flower Garden.
- View demonstrations of wheat grinding and pie assembly.
- Cookie painting for children for a nominal fee.
- Rock painting on a first come basis.
- Bring your own picnic lunch and enjoy the outdoor concert.
- Try your hand at playing a game of Bones.
- View the work of artists – plein air
- Learn about red wiggly worm composting
- Mustard, fresh greens, flowers, pie kits available for purchase.
- No pets please.
- Pre book our VIP Picnic Alfresco experience
We are excited to share our little piece of paradise with you on Open Farm Days (Sunday only). There is nothing finer than looking over the wheat field and learning how that is the beginning of the bread you eat. We will demonstrate how those stalks of wheat hold the kernels of grain that we will grind and turn in to flower. Then we will show you how to create a pie. Pie kits are available for purchase. And for a nominal charge children can paint a cookie. You will also want to take a tour of the BarOA Flower farm and ask our flower farmer, Bryanna any questions you may have about planting your own flower garden. All those stems and leaves can become compost and our wiggly red worms do all the composting. Check out how you can have your own compost worms working for you at your home.
We’ve got our friends stopping by to sing a few tunes, do some plein air painting and showcasing their antique tractors. Oh, and if you have never tried playing Bones, you can learn about the game and challenge other farm visitors to a game.
Bring your own picnic to enjoy while you listen to the music or better yet purchase advance tickets for our VIP Picnic Alfresco. If you do purchase those tickets you will do a self driving tour to some of the producers that will be growing the food that you will enjoy later at the farm. Served long table style you will enjoy a meal prepared for you and also meet and hear from some of our other local producers. A day of exploring our local countryside and an evening of enjoying local cuisine and conversation. If the weather is a bit uncooperative we will move our VIP PIcnic into the barn. Tickets are limited so purchase early.