Farm / Edmonton Urban Farm
Farm Type: Urban Agriculture/Community Garden
The Edmonton Urban Farm is an oasis in the heart of the city. Visitors will meet gardeners from all corners of the globe and witness the vast variety of foods grown on this 2-acre plot. Take a guided tour with an expert gardener or just wander our beautiful gardens which feature a heritage fruit tree orchard, a labyrinth, a flower farm pilot, diverse growing methods, and unique vegetables. See a fantastic farm, and meet the amazing community that makes it happen.
Open Farm Day at Edmonton Urban Farm, August 13, 2022, 10am-4pm
- 10:00 am Smudge with Elder Sharon Pasula
- 10:20 am The unloading of goats! Brought to us by Penner Goats from Mallaig.
- 10:30 am: Ongoing tours of the amazing farm plots will begin and continue throughout the day. Our amazing farmers will share their knowledge and passion for growing food. See some amazing and unusual plants.
- 11:00 am: Dustin Bajer Talks Trees—everything you wanted to know about growing trees.
- 12:00 pm: French language tour with one of our farmers Chantal Koko.
- 1:00 pm: Hungry Worms by Roberto—everything you wanted to know about worm composting! Beginner Red Wriggler kits will be available for purchase.
- 2:00 pm: Enjoy the lovely sounds of a string quartet!
Activities throughout the day include hanging out with goats and sheep, checking out the beehive, watching baby chicks hatch, self-guided audio tours, cuddling bunnies, smelling herbs, tasting edible flowers, and painting rocks.
Flower arrangements available for purchase from local micro-entrepreneur, Them Flowers (cash and e-transfer only).
Edmonton Urban Farm is managed by Explore Edmonton in partnership with over twenty community groups. There are over 120 varieties of vegetables grown at the Edmonton Urban Farm and 25 languages spoken! In addition to vegetable beds, you can check out our pollinator patch, solitary bee hotels, and honeybee hive.