Paulette and Rennie Sparks are the owners and developers of Wild Country Gardens, Rennie homesteaded our property and all the work put into our farm has been completed by us right down to clearing the land. Our plan was to build something that we could use for retirement income and still enjoy it as our paradise. In doing this we have developed an atmosphere that is visitor friendly which is so peaceful and amazing to see. We have one of the largest variety of fruit trees and berry bushes and vegetable gardens which we harvest yearly. Our newest venture is growing herbal mints and herbs which we use for making leaf teas.
Tour of the Wild Country Gardens: includes our orchard, tea patches, vegetable gardens, garlic patch and picnic area.
Wild Country Gardens Farm Store – all products sold are made by us or are locally sourced. Bring a cooler and stock up.
We are offering a shopping experience with local vendors in our Farm Market area:
· Prairiehawk Fibres: Homespun wool and hand woven scarves, shawls and tea towels.
· Wild Ventures Game Farm: Bison: with government inspected bison meat, pepperoni, beer stix, and garlic sausage and our famous antler dog chews!
· Rocky Mountain Big Horn Distillery: A family owned and operated craft distillery, offering hand crafted spirits
· Jackie Paul: Paint classes for all age, and Face Painting – Cost TBA.
· Wild Country Gardens: Local grown fresh garden vegetables. Just a reminder to be prepared and bring a cooler.
· And a few surprise vendors.
Lunch serviced all day by: Wild Country Gardens & Wild Ventures Game Farm: Bison Burgers with farm fresh salads and refreshments – Cost TBA
Directions: Coming from Edmonton: HYW 16 to HWY 22 turn west on TWP 550 at the curve north back onto 550 (do not take the second curve) stay on 550 to 1/4 mile past RR101 we are on the righthand hand side of the road. 1018TWP550
Coming from Jasper: HYW 16 merge off at Wildwood take (Greencourt Road) RR92 north (past the UFA & School) stay on RR92 until you come to the curve, on the curve you turn left onto TWP 550 (do not take the second curve) stay straight TWP550 to 1/4 mile past RR101 we are on the righthand hand side of the road. 10118TWP550
or Google: Wild Country Garden and Google maps will assist you
Join us in August when more than 100 farms, ranches, and ag-tourism operators open their gates and invite visitors to share in local stories, see on-farm demonstrations and purchase locally grown and produced products.