Farm / Aurora Alpacas | Participating in Open Farm Days 2023
Farm Type: Alpaca Ranch
Aurora Alpacas is a family owned alpaca ranch located in Sturgeon County 10 minutes north of St. Albert. We are fairly new to the industry, having purchased our 1st two alpacas in 2017. Since then we have produced Supreme and Color Champions, which we are extremely proud of. Currently we have 24 alpacas with 5 cria (babies) expected this summer.
If you are curious about alpacas, the amazing fiber products and how they are produced, come visit us to learn and experience this unique livestock first hand.
Learn to love alpacas like we have:
• Get a chance to ask questions, gain 1st-hand knowledge about what makes alpacas so unique, and watch them in the pasture and up close.
• Get a chance to handle fiber shorn from the alpaca this past spring, and samples from the various stages of processing fiber into yarn.
• Watch a fiber spinning demonstration.
Aurora Alpacas have also invited some friends:
- Sunnyhill Alpacas will be on site giving you the opportunity to see and purchase yarn which is made on their farm. They will also have various products made from alpaca yarn and rovings, and everyone’s favorite Alpaca Teddy Bears. Sunnyhill Alpacas are celebrating their 25th year in business and also own Twisted Sisters & Company Fiber Mill.
- CBoss Pottery will be on site with wheel thrown and hand built pottery.
- Sabor de los Andes Latin American Food truck will be on site Sunday August 20th serving authentic Latin American food.
Debit/Credit will be accepted by some vendors.
We look forward to sharing our amazing alpacas with you!
• Pets are not allowed to visit the ranch. Please leave them at home.
• Children must be supervised at all times.
• Alpaca are to be treated with respect. No one is permitted to open gates or to feed the alpaca without permission.