Open Farm Days Farm Experiences
August 19th and 20th, 2023
16 Hands™ Stables Ltd
In or near: Parkland County
This Open Farm Days 2023 will be one to remember!Participants will be self-guided on an interactive and engaging tour of the many animal herds of our farm while having opportunities to watch displays of dancing, art and riding with the horses in the arena.
- Scheduled events, will be run at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
- Opportunities to purchase Ombre Farm Fresh Eggs, Wool and other fibre goods, Goat's Milk Soap and Lotion, Sourdough goods and horticultural products will be available.
- Entertain your senses with our many scheduled horse events;
- Giggle with the goats.
- Check in on our cows.
- Hang by our horse herd.
- Chill with some chickens.
- Picnic in our parks.
- Hike to the highest hay bale.
- Gather and play some games.
- Wander amongst local farm offerings.
In or near: MD of Bonnyville
In or near: Edberg
Anohka Distillery & Farm
In or near: Parkland County (Carvel Corner)
We will be offering free gin and whisky tastings and tours!Our farm and facility are a combination of state of the art and traditional brewing and distilling technology, with most of it being the first of its kind in Canada. Tours will be educational and review the whisky and gin making process in detail. There will also be fun activities for children of all ages! We will also be hosting a number of local artisans who will be offering their goods for sale! We were recently named makers of the Best Canadian London Dry Gin at the World Gin Awards! We also received the highest score IN THE WORLD for our unaged single malt whisky at the International Wine and Spirits Competition! Our distillery features Canada's first craft Meura Mash Filter (brewing technology from Belgium) and also Canada's first and only flame heated stills!
Aspen Grove Meadery
In or near: Beaver County
At The Woods Experience/ Native Wild Trading Post
In or near: Mayerthorpe/Wildwood
- Native Wild trading post tour and shopping indigenous products.
- Medicine walk.
- Cree language teaching free.
- Info booth for up coming ventures and workshops and preregister for work shops etc.
- Animal Quest petting zoo $5.00 per family (Included feeding/picture/ harvesting information ).
- Spirit reading $100.00 per person with Elder.
- Bird house kits $20.00 - can make them there or take home.
- Glitter tattoos $7.00.
- Snack bar drinks/chips.
Audley Family Farm
In or near: Didsbury
- sunscreen and bug spray
- rubber boots, you never know what you'll step in!
- cash for our farm table!
- a cooler to take your goodies home!
- explore our gardens, and what practices we are using in our no till, no spray, market garden.
- Learn our process, how we prepare our veggies boxes for our customers.
- You will also get to meet our egg laying hens, meat chickens, and our six piglets.
- Always a highlight are our playful Nigerian Dwarf goats, with two new additions this past June!
- We will have our farm table set up with fresh veggies for sale!
- There will be opportunity to purchase feed and go in for feeding and pictures with the goats!
In or near: Sturgeon County
- Sunnyhill Alpacas will be on site giving you the opportunity to see and purchase yarn which is made on their farm. They will also have various products made from alpaca yarn and rovings, and everyone's favorite Alpaca Teddy Bears. Sunnyhill Alpacas are celebrating their 25th year in business and also own Twisted Sisters & Company Fiber Mill.
- CBoss Pottery will be on site with wheel thrown and hand built pottery.
- Sabor de los Andes Latin American Food truck will be on site Sunday August 20th serving authentic Latin American food.
Bar U Ranch National Historic Site
In or near: Longview
Barr Estate Winery
In or near: Sherwood Park
Welcome to Barr Estate Winery!
We are an artisan estate winery in Strathcona County.Join us for a fun filled family friendly weekend!
- Winery tours
- Self guided field tours
- Wine for sale
- Artisan market (40+ local artists and makers)
- Ag education
- Close encounter with animals
- Live local music
- Food Trucks
- We make 4 exceptional fruit wines made from Alberta fruit which we grow on our farm. We have a rhubarb wine (The Barb), a rhubarb-strawberry blend (The Rhuby), a raspberry wine (The Other Red), and a sour cherry wine (The Jewel).
- We are a working farm and we have sheep, goats, donkeys and sometimes cows.
- Visitors will learn how we make wine here at Barr Estate Winery and ewe will have an enjoyable farm experience.
- We have picnic tables so you can relax, enjoy your lunch, the farm and your day.
Beau Bella Winery
In or near: Leduc County
- Wine tours will be available at 1:00 pm. Tours include viewing our fruit orchards including our very own grapes, a look where the wine is manufactured. Wine tasting available at an additional cost.
- Drink and food Menu available (Drink menu includes other options than just wine)
- Wine available for purchase
Beaumont & District Agricultural Society
In or near: Beaumont
Join us for Open Farm Days Saturday Aug 19 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Sparkle tattoos and face painting for the kids
Community garden and food forest tour.
Interpretive Wagon ride tour of the fairgrounds
Agricultural resources, tools and equipment display.
- Beaumont Town & Country Dayz Parade
- Beaumont Horse Trials (June 3-4)
- Free Family Event (Aug 26-27) Rural Roots fair this year showcasing French Canadians, seniors and the francophone community
- Gerry Patsula Community Gardens and Food Forest
- Gobeil Heritage Barn and Magnan Heritage House
- Equine Cross Country Course
Beck Farms Ltd.
In or near: Red Deer County