Farm / Dreamcatcher Nature Assisted Therapy | Participating in Open Farm Days 2023
Farm Type: Nature-Assisted Therapy
Dreamcatcher™ Nature-Assisted Therapy would like to welcome you to our beautiful 40-acre ranch in Ardrossan, Alberta. Our ranch is home to a variety of therapy animals such as horses, miniature horses, goats, sheep, chickens, roosters, a donkey and miniature donkey, and a cat. We provide psychological services, recreational programs, tourism, summer camps, skill building groups, corporate team building, and an academy that includes dog training and certification for Animal Assisted Interventions.
Come meet our critters on one of our interactive guided tours where you will get to meet and learn about the Dreamcatcher™ animals and about our services and programs. Our tours are at 1:00pm-2:00pm, 2:00pm-3:00pm, and 3:00pm-4:00pm and are free to attend!
Looking for something educational? We are showcasing four animal demonstrations that will include information about animal assisted therapy with equines, chickens, goats/sheep, dog training and our academy. Join our therapists or academy/dog training instructor for one of our demonstration times below:
- Equine Demonstration: 1:00pm-2:00pm
- Chicken Demonstration: 2:00pm-3:00pm
- Goat/Sheep Demonstration: 3:00pm-4:00pm
- Dog Training/Academy: 4:00pm-5:00pm
Perhaps you need a moment to relax?
Bring your yoga mat and join us for Yoga from 1:30pm-2:30pm, Meditative Experience from 2:30pm-3:30pm, or at your own leisure, take a peaceful walk through our Magical Forest Trail!
Something for the kids!
Our Time on the Land program is offering a free all day scavenger hunt activity where kids can go searching for fairies, gnomes, and other mystical critters in our Magical Forest! Tired of walking? Hop on a Tractor Hay Ride with Dale which are available every 15-20 minutes!
Did you know that 2023, is Dreamcatcher™ Nature-Assisted Therapy’s 20th Anniversary Year?
To celebrate, Dreamcatcher™ wanted to end our Open Farm Days Event with a 20th Anniversary Time Capsule Moment! All you need to do is bring something to put into the capsule to be buried in our back 40, more details will be provided at the event.
Please note, our admission to the event and tours are free of charge, however, some of our activities or demonstrations may include a fee. We will also have a market booth with items for sale such as merchandise, snacks, drinks, animal treats and possibly other items. We accept cash and e-transfer, and we have a square reader onsite. We do not have any ATM’s on-site so please come prepared.
What to Bring:
We strongly recommend all guests to bring sunscreen, bug spray, clothing for all weather conditions as this is an outdoor event and some activities will be outside regardless of rain. While rubber boots are not required, it is strongly encouraged as it can get muddy if it has rained recently. We have limited rubber boots on-site that guests can rent, however, this will be first-come, first-serve basis, and we can’t guarantee that we have your size available. We also have a limited number of yoga mats for rent as well, please bring your own as these will be first-come, first-serve basis as well.
SAFETY & RULES (Please Read!)
- For the safety of the public, our staff/volunteers, you and your pet, and our animals; emotional support, therapy animals, and pets are not permitted.
- We ask that our guests do not bring any animal treats inside of the animal pens as this is for your safety. We suggest purchasing animal treats AFTER your tour where you can safely hand feed them over the fence, they will like that much better!
- Please make sure to wear close-toed shoes if you plan to go into our animal pens.
- Please be respectful to other guests, staff, volunteers, and animals.
- Our animals get scared, we please ask our guests to refrain from running, yelling, and screaming while inside the animal pens
- Fences, hay/straw bales, and goat structures look like a lot of fun to climb, but for your safety, please do not climb onto these as they may not be secured to anything.
- All guests will be asked to sign waivers prior to interacting with our animals
Note: We will have a photographer on-site for this event and since this is a public event, all photos may be used for marketing purposes. Please email us if you have any questions or concerns.