This has been updated to reflect the changes to COVID-19 regulations, summer 2021
Open Farm Days is a great opportunity to get out of the city, or town and visit your neighbouring communities, eat delicious food and meet your farmers!
Here are some things you should keep in mind while planning your Open Farm Days adventures.
Scheduling your farm visits
- Please make sure you’ve scheduled your visit with your farms. This helps our farms know who is coming and so they can plan accordingly.
- Once you have chosen your farms to visit and planned your route through our website click on this button (as seen below) to schedule your times at individual farms. You will need to create an account with Farmzy to schedule your visits.
- If you need to cancel a scheduled visit you can do so by following the following instructions: Login to your Farmzy account, select “inbox” in the top right toolbar, then select the booking you would like to cancel and click the red cancel booking button.
Open Farm Days Tips and Tricks
- Bring cash!! While Open Farm Days is a free event, there may be paid activities. You might see some farm-fresh products you’d like to buy, or some farms may have lunch you’ll be able to purchase. Debit/credit card transactions may not be available.
- ☃️ Bring a cooler! This will be handy for all the fresh products you’ve purchased
- Pay attention to the signs and rules at each farm. These are working farms and safety is number 1!
- Be prepared for the weather (and mosquitoes) and appropriate shoe wear is a must.
- Charge your phone/camera because you’re going to want to take a lot of pictures
- No pets. At all. Please leave Rover at home. Pets are not allowed on farms.
- Use the #ABFarmDays hashtag and tag us in all your photos
We are really looking forward to seeing your adventures through social media and hope that you have a great weekend!