Planning your trip
Step #1: Choose Your Host Farms
Visit the host farms page to start adding locations to your trip. Use the filter tool on the left hand side of the screen to find a farm in your location, or the type of farm you’d like to visit
Click the green “Add to Trip” button on each farm you want to visit.
Step #2: Review Your Trip
Once you have added all of your farms, click the blue Plan My Trip button to review all of the locations you have chosen.
Step #3: Getting Directions
Once you are happy with your chosen destinations, click the blue “Get Directions” button to generate a Google Map with all of your locations pre-filled and ready to go! Within Google Maps, you can configure or re-order your trip as you like.
You can also enter your location into the “Starting Address” field to get directions starting at that address on the Plan My Trip page. Leave this field blank, and Google Maps will use your current location as the starting point.
Open Farm Days Tips and Tricks
- Bring cash!! While Open Farm Days is a free event, there may be paid activities. You might see some farm-fresh products you’d like to buy, or some farms may have lunch you’ll be able to purchase. Debit/credit card transactions may not be available.
- Bring a cooler! This will be handy for all the fresh products you’ve purchased
- Pay attention to the signs and rules at each farm. These are working farms and safety is number 1!
- Be prepared for the weather (and mosquitoes) and appropriate shoe wear is a must.
- Charge your phone/camera because you’re going to want to take a lot of pictures
- No pets. There are many reasons to not bring a pet to a farm including, most farms already have guardian dogs and barn cats! Please leave your pets at home.
- Use the #ABFarmDays hashtag and tag us in all your photos
Didn’t answer your question? Check out our FAQ page for more information
I had the best time, what happens next?
We are really looking forward to seeing your adventures through social media and hope that you have a great weekend!